Saturday, December 20, 2008

Chess for the not so whimpy!

With gusto we meet for a 7 am chess game at Hubbard and Cravens on Saturday Mornings. I have decided it is truly a think tank. Ranging from 6 years old to 60+ some of us infrequent but committed. A cultural potpouri of people and a constant flow of ideas and thoughts fun and laughter and encouragement to do better. The conversations range from politics to jokes, from Christmas gifts to religion from children to just plain being quiet waiting on the next suspense filled move. I am not good at chess but I have observed that what little I play has taught me much about myself. It has taught me my aggressive side, my impatience and to slow down. It also has woven a group of friends which has caused me to covet my Sat Mornings in a special way. Merry Christmas to anyone who ventures to read this. May God Bless your lives with as much as I have been blessed.

1 comment:

Lynn Zettler said...

Hey--I'm following you! Merry Christmas to you too~~Lynn